One direct service the counseling department provides students is classroom guidance lessons. We cover topics that will help students develop in three domains: academic, career, & personal/social. Please check this section periodically throughout the year to see what lessons have been taught!
20-21 Classroom Guidance
- 9th Grade: 9th Grade Presentation & Video of 9th Grade Orientation
- 10th Grade: 10th Grade Presentation
- 11th Grade: 11th Grade Presentation
- 12th Grade: 12th Grade Presentation & Video of 12th Grade Orientation
How to Apply for Scholarships
- Access the Maumelle High School scholarships page or through one of the databases. Mhs.pcssd.org = MHS website
a. Click on EXPLORE and then MHS COUNSELING WEBSITE
- Find a scholarship you would like to look into. I would click through all of them if you are really serious about applying for scholarships.
- Once you have found a scholarship, READ through the whole application. If you read something that makes you ineligible, move on to the next scholarship.
- Once you have read through and determined you are eligible, start gathering the required documents (transcript, test scores, essay and/or letters of recommendation).
a. Official transcripts need to be requested from the registrar Mrs. Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have collected all of the documents, read through the scholarship again. Make sure you have completed all of the requirements.
- Send the application and all documents in through the scholarships preferred method: mail, email, and/or fax. Each scholarship is different so pay close attention to how they want it sent.